Dear Senators and Representatives,
How are you proposing to pay for this $700 billion bailout to the rich fat cats on Wall St.? Especially since you added $100 billion in tax cuts, and our budget is already in deficit, our national debt over $9 trillion? Are you going to put it on the credit card for my kids to worry about?
The tax cuts make this hurt even worse.
Please read Senator Wyden's statement - he's right on the money in his reasons for opposition, except he doesn't mention how to pay for it. I agree that something needs to be done; but please take the time to get it right, to close the loopholes and regulate the abuse, and PAY FOR IT UP FRONT!
Please don't put any more onto the national credit card.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.
Reading List for Information about Transpeople
- Becoming a Visible Man, by Jamison Green
- Conundrum, by Jan Morris
- Gender Outlaw, by Kate Bornstein
- My Husband Betty, by Helen Boyd
- Right Side Out, by Annah Moore
- She's Not There, by Jennifer Boylan
- The Riddle of Gender, by Deborah Rudacille
- Trans Liberation, by Leslie Feinberg
- Transgender Emergence, by Arlene Istar Lev
- Transgender Warriors, by Leslie Feinberg
- Transition and Beyond, by Reid Vanderburgh
- True Selves, by Mildred Brown
- What Becomes You, by Aaron Link Raz and Hilda Raz
- Whipping Girl, by Julia Serano