Don't let your schooling interfere with your education.
~ Pete Seeger

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Culture Pax

I have a new project in the works. It's a second blog, called Culture Pax. I intend to move my political diatribes over there, including my discussion on marriage equality.

The blog is not completely set up yet, and I'm not sure exactly when it will happen, but I hope very soon. My intent is that it will be a forum where people in this country can discuss controversial subjects in a way that is safe for both sides, even when emotions grow heated. My hope is that people on different sides of issues such as same-sex marriage, abortion, climate change, and just about anything else will receive empathy and learn to advocate for their side in a way that both ensures their needs will be honored, and that honors the needs of others who disagree.

With that in mind, I'm hoping to develop a team of people who are skilled in Nonviolent Communication (or some similar system or non-system of communication) and in giving empathy, who will share in the creation and support of this blog. I'm looking for team members, and guest contributors, and have three others who are willing to start.

All right, I'm going to stick my neck out. Here's the link to Culture Pax. Don't expect too much to begin with. I'm just starting, and this site is truly under construction!

Blessings to all-

No comments:

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.
~Helen Keller

Reading List for Information about Transpeople

  • Becoming a Visible Man, by Jamison Green
  • Conundrum, by Jan Morris
  • Gender Outlaw, by Kate Bornstein
  • My Husband Betty, by Helen Boyd
  • Right Side Out, by Annah Moore
  • She's Not There, by Jennifer Boylan
  • The Riddle of Gender, by Deborah Rudacille
  • Trans Liberation, by Leslie Feinberg
  • Transgender Emergence, by Arlene Istar Lev
  • Transgender Warriors, by Leslie Feinberg
  • Transition and Beyond, by Reid Vanderburgh
  • True Selves, by Mildred Brown
  • What Becomes You, by Aaron Link Raz and Hilda Raz
  • Whipping Girl, by Julia Serano

I have come into this world to see this:
the sword drop from men's hands even at the height
of their arc of anger
because we have finally realized there is just one flesh to wound
and it is His - the Christ's, our
Beloved's.
~Hafiz